Sunday, March 20, 2016

Why a family history blog?

So, this is my first post on my new blog, These Genes are Mine.  I have decided to start this blog to help aid my research on my family.  I hope it can be a placeholder for timelines, stories and pictures of my my family history.  I got into family research and genealogy over a year ago in January 2015 after reading the book The Orphan Train.  Now, I am not an orphan, nor do I know anyone in my family who was an orphan, but the time setting decorated in the book inspired me to learn more.  Fortunately, we do have quite a bit of family information that my father has kept up with for years and has acquired from second and third cousins.  One of my goals is to make sure the accuracy of my tree is correct by citing sources, sort of a genealogy do-over.  My second goal is to blog about my family and anything to do with my research.  I hope you enjoy reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment